Hey dude, shoes were brought to the market in early 2008. These are extremely breathable and lightweight compared to many famous and branded shoes and slippers.
Hey dude shoes are very popular among the mass due to their comfy design. They have elastic laces so you can bring them out, wear and explore the world.
If you are looking for a piece of brief information about how to clean hey dude shoes all by yourself, you are in the right place. This article will describe all the necessary information to help you get all your ideas about cleaning and maintaining hey dude shoes.
The Materials Used In Hey Dude Shoes
Before you know how to clean them, you must first know about the materials used in these shoes. So now we are going to know the details of materials that are used in hey dude shoes.
The recent hey dude shoe models use flex wood material, a genuine, high-quality wood. These make these shoes extremely lightweight and durable. These types of woods are also associated with hand-selected veneer.
Coco souls are used as the inner soul of the shoes. They are basically used to keep the walking balance perfect. They are made of natural cork. Coconut oil also surrounds the cork, making the soul soft and fresh.
Their Eco-Knit line is manufactured from totally recycled and environmentally friendly fibers. They are finely recycled and preserved and basically made for these shoes. These are not only soft but also long-lasting and durable.
How To Wash Hey Dude Shoes By Yourself With Hand?
Washing your hey dude shoe all by yourself with the hand is far better than cleaning them in the washing machine. There is a considerable chance for your shoes to be destroyed. If your hey dude shoes are of different in color or any color other than white. Here is a small instruction on how to clean them and turn them into a brand-new look.
- First, get rid of the extra dust or mud that causes your shoe to look more brown in color. Use a flashlight if necessary.
- Use a soft piece of cloth, and warm water with soap, to rub the filth gently. Be careful about the leather. Don’t rush or put much pressure. It will destroy the leather.
- Use shoe polish to polish and coat the whole shoe, top to bottom.
- Eliminate extra oil from the shoe’s leather surface. It will improve the look and definitely increase the softness of the shoe and prevent dust from getting stuck on the surface. Getting rid of the oil will also help you spend less money on the shoe.
- Clean the interior. If you have time, clean the shoe’s interior portion to prevent the bad smell caused by sweat. Also, it will make the interior feel more comfy and soft. Use a small piece of sponge and warm soapy water to clean the inner portion.
- Store the shoes properly. Try to keep your shoes on the shoe tray. Or you can make one. It will be better if you keep them inside their box. It will help keep them in shape.
How To Clean White Hey Dudes?
Although it will take more time to wash your shoes by hand rather than washing them in the washing machine, but it will keep the shoe’s ultimate health better. This hand-cleaning procedure can be repeated once a week or twice a month, depending on how frequently you use them. Below, we have given instructions on how you can clean the white hey dude shoes.
- Mix 1 cup of baking soda in one gallon of water in a container.
- To increase the cleaning power, add a teaspoon of laundry detergent.
- Keep your shoes under warm water for at least 1 hour.
- Scrub the dust and mud away with the help of a brush.
- Don’t forget to clean the inner portion to eliminate the odors and filth.
- Before wearing them, let them dry in the sun.
How to Wash Hey Dudes In The Washing Machine?
Caring for your shoes will not only make them look as shiny as new, but also it will help extend their lifespan. People always prefer the more accessible and comfortable way of getting things done.
However, if you want to wash your hey dude shoes in the washer, you must follow the procedures mentioned below. Moreover, we always like to warn you that washing them by hand is so far considered the best washing for the shoe’s ultimate health.
So if you still want to avoid the hand washing procedures above, here we have mentioned the washer cleaning mechanism:
- First, remove the insoles and laces to start the washing procedure. Taking the insole out can be a little tricky. Most of the time, they come out without a hitch. If they don’t, just pull a little bit. It will get the job done.
- The laces might get tangled in the machine, so detach the insoles and the laces.
- Fill the washing machine halfway with cold water, and place the hey dude shoes in the washing machine with a gentle amount of liquid detergent. The particle of the powder detergent can be caught by the shoe’s surface. So it will be ideal to use the liquid one.
- Put the washing machine on a low setting with cold water, as hot water might be the reason for discoloration or deterioration.
- Dry your shoes in the sun before you put the laces on them.
What Is The Best Way To Wash Hey Dudes?
Even though washing your shoes by hand takes more time and effort than washing them in a washer, it provides you with the best result. You may repeat the procedure once a week or twice a month, depending on how frequently you use them.
If you are concerned about the health of your hey dude sneakers, you better prefer washing them by hand rather than depending on the machine. Moreover, hand washing your shoes will help keep their surface smooth and reduce the chance of damaging the leather surface. Machines sometimes run rough and fast, which might be a prime cause of the damage to your shoe.
However, if you don’t have enough time to wash them by hand, you might use a washing machine sometimes. But here you should follow some strict rules. The shoe laces might get tangled in the washing machine, so you should detach the laces and the insoles first. Also, it would be better to use liquid detergent instead of powder, as the powder detergent might get caught by the shoe surface.
So, if asked, we must answer that washing shoes by hand is the best way to do it, but to save time and reduce effort, washing them in the machine can be effective and recommendable.
How to Wash Hey Dude Insoles?
The insole is one of the shoe’s most critical and essential parts. To have a better and more comfortable experience with your shoe, you must take good care of your shoe insoles.
As your feet are placed in the insoles and the inner portion of the shoe, these interiors get filthy and smelly with sweat. So here we have mentioned some tricks and tips for you to follow to wash your shoe’s insole.
There are multiple methods of washing them. We have mentioned 3 of them below:
Method 1: Using Rubbing Alcohol to Disinfect Insoles
- Take a tiny spray bottle and mix some alcohol and water in equal quantities. The solution must be proportionate.
- Place the insoles on a dry and clean surface. Now, spray the solution on the insole. The solution will dry on its own quickly, so you don’t have to worry about getting your insole wet. Don’t forget to spray the solution on each side of the insole.
- Set the insole in the sunlight to dry. The alcohol will dry rapidly. Alcohol is basically used to take away the germ and infectious bacteria.
Method 2: Baking Soda Deodorizing Insoles
- Place some baking soda in a big container.
- Make sure the container you have selected has another method of closing it.
- Soak the insole into the soda until the soles are completely saturated.
- Close the container and store it somewhere cold and dry.
- Remove the soda from the container after a while and shake the extra water from the shoe; you won’t smell any foul or sweaty odour.
Method 3: Using Soap and Water, Scrub the Insoles
- Take off the insoles and use a brush to clean away the dust and mud attached to them.
- Take an enormous container, mix boiling water with soap, and create a solution.
- Keep the bubbles, and shake away the access water from the solution.
- Use them to clean the insole.
- Ensure they are completely dried before you put them on.
Shoe insoles are one of the most essential parts we don’t put effort into. Keeping these clean will save them from odour-causing germs and underlying bacteria. Also, you don’t have to worry about the bad smell caused by perspiration or fungus.
How To Dry Hey Dude Shoes?
There are many methods you can use to dry your hey dude shoes. We have mentioned a list of instructions below. Follow them you will achieve a perfect result:
- The best way to dry shoes is through direct sunlight. Sunlight has extra heat and the capability to destroy bacteria and fungi due to the wet and moist environment in the shoe.
- Try to use absorbent paper in each shoe to dry out the extra water from them.
- If you prefer to dry them with a dryer, ensure they are not heated.
Hey Dudes Washing Instructions
Abide by the following ultimate instructions to clean your hey dude shoes:
- Sprinkle three teaspoons of baking soda in each pair of shoes the night before you want to use them. Keep them overnight. The next day you will find it fresh and odorless.
- Keep the laces under the pillowcases overnight to keep them laces from becoming twisted. Detach before washing them in the washing machine.
- Put a towel in the laundry to keep your shoe free from some extra pressure. It will absorb extra pressure and friction and give the shoe extra room to move inside the machine.
- Always use cold water in the washing machine to keep the shoe surface safe from getting shrunk.
- Let the shoes sundry properly. Don’t put them in the drawer before you completely dry them. It will help the fungus grow on the moist surface of the shoe.
Can you put Hey Dude’s in the dryer?
It is not recommendable to let the shoes dry in the dryer. It may not absorb all the water from the shoe fabric. The dryer might leave the shoe surface wet, which might result in growing fungus on the surface. However, if you must dry them in the dryer, ensure you dry them in cold mode without turning on the heat settings.
Can I wash my Hey Dude’s insoles?
Yes, you can. To be exact, you should wash them regularly. Shoe insoles are made of fabric and foam. As this portion is closer to your feet, they get filthy and become smelly due to the sweaty odour. So you have to wash them.
Can Hey Dudes be dried?
Every wearing you wash with water should be dried. Hey dude shoes are made of fabrics and leather. They should be properly dried in the sunlight unless bacteria and fungus occur and grow on the shoe’s outer surface. Sunlight has the extra capability to kill bacteria and absorb moisture from the fabric. So it is highly recommended not to dry your shoe in direct sunlight.
Are hey dudes waterproof?
No, they are not waterproof, as Hey Dude’s shoes are made of canvas material. But their EVA soles help them to float on water.
Can I bleach white Hey Dudes?
No. You should not bleach hey dude shoes. Hey dudes are made of canvas fabric which is not ideal to be bleached. Bleaching them might get the fabric damaged permanently.
Will my shoes get ruined in the washing machine?
We always recommend you wash your shoes by hand. This is the best washing procedure ever. However, if you have a lower time schedule, you might want to clean them in the washing machine. There is no harm in it, but it may put some pressure on the fabric, which is not expected.
Hey dude shoes are great if you have a blast and explore the world. It doesn’t matter whether you want to go camping or sports or something else, hey dude shoe fits all occasions. You don’t have to worry about the unmatched outfit. Moreover, hey dude shoes are super comfy and convenient to use. If you can just maintain them a little bit, they could be the best friend to your feet within no time.
However, washing hey dude shoes can be a little bit tricky as the material used to manufacture these shoes are pretty unique. The canvas fabric is unlike any other materials that any other shoe companies hadn’t previously used. Moreover, you have to remain careful while cleaning them. There are various methods we just mentioned in the article. If you follow them, you will find yourself just fine with your shoes.
You must remember that washing them by hand is your best option. Secondly, drying them in the sun is the only way to keep them fresh and prevent them from getting a bacteria colony inside and a bad odour. Also, try to wash separately by taking off their laces and insoles.
We hope this article will help you achieve your target of getting your dirty shoes back to their new colour and look. We will think our effort has succeeded if you find it helpful.
Michel's passion for shoes and flowers is evident in his acclaimed "Shoe Fleur" photography series, which features shoes transformed into stunning floral arrangements. His work has been exhibited in galleries and museums around the world, including the International Center of Photography in New York City and the Maison Européenne de la Photographie in Paris.